Course Introduction: –
The course aims to provide an extensive and career-oriented course on International Humanitarian Law. The course in terms of importance, versatility and practicality incorporates almost all-important Doctrines and Concepts of International Humanitarian Law, including the conventions, conference and treaties of the United Nation. The importance of Red Cross Society in International Humanitarian Law as well as the role and stand of India in developing and safeguarding the I.H.L. is also discussed here in the most detailed and systematic manner for providing a crystal-clear knowledge to the aspirants about International Humanitarian Law. The prime concern of the “LedX” and educationalists is to offer a cutting-edge course on International Humanitarian Law specially designed for legal and non-legal aspirants.
- To provide an extensive career-oriented course for achieving proficiency in International Humanitarian Law.
- To discuss the most relevant and important provisions of international Conventions, Treaties and instruments of I.H.L.
- To understand the shifting of International perspective toward war and armed conflict in relation to I.H.L.
- To discuss the bone of contention in International Humanitarian Law like Principle of proportionality, Protection Principles, civil and military object etc.
- To discuss the role of U.N.O. and National Laws in the development and protection of I.H.L.
Who should attend this course:-
The course shall be extremely useful for the military personnel’s, aspirants of JAG, competitive exams like judicial services, CLAT, UGC-NET and for students of B.A.LLB, LL.B, LL.M, commerce, Business, Administration Management courses.
- To achieve a fair and sound understanding of the concepts of the I.H.L.
- To demonstrate good comprehension of I.H.L. in areas of aspirant’s interest or professional field.
- To apply basic research methods, data analysis, and interpretation in the field of I.H.L.
- To identify the bone of contentions of I.H.L., evaluate problem-solving strategies, and develop science-based solutions.
- To evaluate, integrate, and apply provisions and doctrine of I.H.L. to create a cohesive and persuasive argument, and to propose an effective design concept on International Humanitarian Law.
Doubt Clearing Session:-
Certification & Verification:-
The successful learners will receive a subject expert signed Certificate with the branding of LedX to increase their job prospects.
I.H.L. and Public International Law, War, and Armed Conflict. Sources of I.H.L., Ancient Indian and Western Philosophies on the Law of War, History of International Legal Instruments on the Laws of War, Geneva Conventions, Hague Peace Conferences, Protection of Civilians, Means and Methods of Warfare, Naval Warfare, Air Warfare, Weapons Regimes, Role of the United Nations, War Crimes Trials, civilian and military object, war prisoner and detained person, Law of targeting, Principle of proportionality, System for Repression, National I.H.L., Implementation of Humanitarian Law.
Other Suggested Course:-
Public International Law, International Environmental Law
Validity Of Course:-
Courses are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase.
- Lectures 26
- Quizzes 5
- Duration 5 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 261
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Unit-1: The Definition and Basic Introduction of IHL
Unit-2: The Protection of Civilians
Unit-3: The Law of Targeting
Unit-4: Legal Control on Means and Methods of Warfare
Unit-5: Combatant Status and Prisoners of War
- Basic Principles about Combatant and Prisoners
- Privileges of Lawful Combatants
- Protection to the detained Persons
- Who can be held accountable for IHL?
- Protection of Prisoners of War (I)
- Protection of Prisoners of War (II)
- Important Aspects of Prisoner of War and War of Terror (I)
- Important Aspects of Prisoner of War and War of Terror (II)
- International Humanitarian Law- Unit 5