The course aims to provide an extensive and career-oriented course on Criminology. The course in terms of importance, versatility and practicality incorporates almost all-important doctrines and concepts of Criminology. This course also highlights the concept of juvenile criminology and investing and penology administration, in the most detailed and systematic manner for providing a crystal-clear knowledge to the aspirants about the concept of criminology. The prime concern of the “LedX” and educationalist is to offer a cutting-edge course on Criminology specially designed for legal and non-legal aspirants.
- To provide an extensive career-oriented course for achieving proficiency in Criminology.
- To discuss the most relevant and important provisions of International Conventions, Treaties and instruments on Criminology.
- To understand the impact of technology, urbanisation and globalisation on Criminology Jurisprudence
- To discuss the bone of contention in the field of Criminology in Civil Law System and Common Law System
- To discuss the Criminology concepts in India, China, Russia, America, Australia, UAE and other countries.
Who should attend this course:-
The course shall be extremely useful for the students of B.A.LLB, B.B.A.LL.B, LL.B, LL.M., aspirants of different competitive exams and professionals including practicing advocates.
- To achieve a fair and sound understanding of the concepts of Criminology.
- To demonstrate good comprehension of Criminology in areas of aspirant’s interest or professional field.
- To apply basic research methods, data analysis, and interpretation in the field of Criminology.
- To identify the bone of contentions of Criminology, evaluate problem-solving strategies, and develop science-based solutions.
- To evaluate, integrate, and apply provisions and doctrine of the Criminology to create a cohesive and persuasive argument, and to propose an effective design concept on the subject in hand.
Doubt Clearing Session:-
Certification & Verification:-
The successful learners will receive subject expert, signed certificate, Verification with the branding of LedX, additionally authenticated by Blockchain partner to verify your achievement to increase your job prospect.
Methods, techniques and concept in criminology, Classical, Neo-classical, Positive School, Theory of Social Strain, Social Ecology, Social Learning, criminal behaviour, White-collar Crimes, Concept of punishment, Juvenile Delinquency, Police Administration, Feminist Criminology etc.
Other Suggested Course:-
Criminal Procedure Code-1973, Indian Penal Code-1860
- Lectures 61
- Quizzes 7
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 167
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Unit-1: Introduction to Criminology and Important Concepts
- Definition of Criminology
- History of Criminology
- Scope of Criminology
- Law Enforcement Agency
- Methods and Techniques in Criminology (I)
- Methods and Techniques in Criminology (II)
- Concept of Crime and Criminal
- Meaning of Criminal
- Classification of Criminals
- Concept of Criminal Behaviour
- Protective Factors and Other Criminal Behaviour
- Risk Factors in General
- Criminology- Unit 1
Unit-2: Schools of Criminology
Unit-3: Criminology Theories
Unit-4: Feminist Criminology
- Feminist Criminology
- Liberal Strategy for Feminism
- Marxist Feminist Theory
- Theories of Criminality related to women
- Needs and Demands of Women Offenders
- Special Provisions for Women in Indian Legislation
- Harassment of Women
- Sexual Harassment of Women at Work Place
- Female Foeticide and Illegal Drug Trade
- Criminology- Unit 4
Unit-5: Crime Scenario in India
- Theories of Punishment
- Deterrent Theory
- Reformative Theory
- Kinds of Punishment
- Transportation Punishment
- Forfeiture of Property
- Capital Punishment and India
- Recommendations Against Capital Punishment
- Judicial Discretion & Mercy Petition
- Prison System: Introduction
- Prison Reforms 4:12
- Modern Prison System
- Main Problems of Prisons (I)
- Main Problems of Prisons (II)
- Suggestions and Solutions (I)
- Suggestions and Solutions (II)
- Criminology- Unit 6
Unit-7: Police Administration