The course aims to provide an extensive and career-oriented course on the Law of Contract. The course in terms of importance, versatility and practicality incorporates almost all-important doctrines, concepts and provisions of the Indian Contract Act-1872 including the doctrine of frustration, quasi contract, Quantum meruit, specific performance etc. The course also highlights the landmark judgments of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India on Contract Law, in most detailed and systematic manner for providing a crystal-clear knowledge to the aspirants about the Indian Contract Act-1872. The prime concern of the “LedX” and educationalists is to offer a cutting-edge course on the Law of Contract specially designed for legal and non-legal aspirants.
- To provide an extensive career-oriented course for achieving proficiency in the Law of Contract
- To study the general principle of mercantile law and understand conceptions like offer, acceptance, consideration.
- To discuss the bone of contention of Indian Contract Law-1872.
- To analyze the landmark judgement of hon’ble Supreme Court of India on Indian Contract Act-1872 response of Hon’ble Supreme Court.
Who should attend this course:-
The course shall be extremely useful for the aspirants of different competitive exam such as, judicial services, CLAT, NET students of B.A.LLB, LL.B, LL.M, B.BA M.B.A, aspirants of banks and chartered accountant courses and professionals including practicing lawyers working in the field of law and commerce.
- To achieve a fair and sound understanding of the concepts of the Law of Contract.
- To demonstrate good comprehension of Contractual Law in areas of aspirant’s interest or professional field.
- To apply basic research methods, data analysis, and interpretation in the field of the Law of Contract
- To identify the bone of contention of the Law of Contract, evaluate problem-solving strategies, and develop science-based solutions.
- To evaluate, integrate, and apply provisions and Doctrines of Contract Law to create a cohesive and persuasive argument, and to propose an effective design concept on Law of Contract.
Doubt Clearing Session:-
Certification & Verification:-
The successful learners will receive a subject expert signed Certificate with the branding of LedX to increase their job prospects.
Offer, acceptance, consideration, consent, void & voidable agreement, revocation, performance and breach of contract, compensation, quantum meruit, doctrine of frustration, specific performance, quasi contract, Landmark cases etc.
Other Suggested Course:-
Company Law, Competition Law, Corporate Restructuring
The assessment aims to offer a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter. Therefore, it incorporates questions that transcend the information provided in the course. This methodology cultivates students’ aptitude for autonomous research, enabling them to exhibit expertise in the domain while accomplishing the assessment.
Validity Of Course :-
Courses are valid for 45 days from the date of purchase.
- Lectures 66
- Quizzes 7
- Duration 11 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 131
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Unit-1: Introduction of the Contract Law
Unit-2: Fundamentals of Contract
- Offer and Acceptance (I)
- Offer and Acceptance (II)
- Invitation to Offer
- Communication of Offer (I)
- Communication of Offer (II)
- Communication of Offer (III)
- Carlill vs Carbolic Smoke Ball Co
- Free Consent
- Threat to Commit Suicide
- Undue Influence (I)
- Undue Influence (II)
- Fraud (I)
- Fraud (II)
- Fraud (III)
- Fraud (IV)
- Mistake (I)
- Mistake (II)
- Consideration (I)
- Consideration (II)
- Consideration (III)
- Consideration (IV)
- Types of Consideration
- Exceptions of Consideration
- Doctrine of Privity of Contract
- Exceptions to the Doctrine of the Privity of Contract
- Contract Law- Unit 2
Unit-3: Capacity to Contract
Unit-4: Void Agreements
Unit-5: Discharge of a Contract
- Modes of Discharge of Contract (I)
- Modes of Discharge of Contract (II)
- Discharge by Impossibility of Performance
- Refusal to Accept Offer of Performance (I)
- Refusal to Accept Offer of Performance (II)
- Refusal to Accept Offer of Performance (III)
- Doctrine of Frustration (I)
- Doctrine of Frustration (II)
- Specific Grounds of Frustration
- Effects of Frustration
- Contract Law- Unit 5
Unit-6: Quasi – Contracts
Unit-7: Remedies for Breach of Contract
Jayanta Kumar Digal
TestingVery Interactive method of learning by LedX